CBOE US Equities Volume +99.2% in April 2020
CBOE Global Markets April trading volume report is out and there was a blistering 99.2% increase in US Equities volume in April 2020 compared to April 2019.
April 2020 Volume Highlights
- Each of Cboe’s four options exchanges posted gains in ADV over April 2019: Cboe Options Exchange (C1) up 20 percent, C2 up 39 percent, Cboe BZX up 104 percent and Cboe EDGX up 130 percent.
- Cboe EDGX Options Exchange set a new all-time monthly ADV record with more than 1 million contracts traded per day.
- S&P 500 Index (SPX) options ADV was up 5.7 percent over April 2019.
- U.S. Equities total ADV across Cboe’s four equities exchanges was up 99 percent over year ago.
- Cboe EDGX Equities Exchange market share reached a 52-week high, capturing over 6 percent of the market.